This package consists of a Bluesound Powernode Edge and 2 x Wharfedale WCM-80 In Ceiling Speakers.
In our opinion, this package is ideal for a medium-sized room and will provide good-quality audio.
Bluesound Powernode Edge
Add a little extra power with the POWERNODE EDGE, the perfect entry point into “just add speakers” HiFi for the streaming age, combining streaming sources, control, and amplification all in one place. Audiophile-grade componentry capable of up to 24 bits/192 kHz hi-res audio, and wireless multi-room capabilities with smartphone controls combine to make the POWERNODE EDGE a great ‘building block’ amplifier to start, extend or complete a hi-res streaming audio system of any size.
- Easily power a pair of passive speakers
- 40 Watts per channel of DirectDigital™ amplification technology handling 24 bit/192 kHz files
- A state-of-the-art Quad-Core 1.8GHz ARM® Cortex A53 Processor
- HDMI eARC connectivity
- Digital optical and analog input options, subwoofer output, and Bluetooth® wireless headphone output
- Dolby® Digital decoding
- Dual-band Wi-Fi, Gigabit Ethernet and support for 2-way Bluetooth® aptX™ HD
- Stream hi-res content from internet radio stations, cloud music services or your own local music players
- Intuitive control with the BluOS Controller app
- Elegant capacitive touch panel for quick-access controls (Play, Pause, Volume Up/Down, Previous/Next Track)
- Includes an easy-to-install, multi-orientation wall-mounting bracket
- IR remote learning capability – optional control using the RC1 Remote Controller
- Connect with the BluVoice skill to enable voice assistants like Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri to control Players around the home.
- AirPlay 2 lets you play music or podcasts from wireless stereo components throughout your house — all in sync.
Wharfedale WCM-80 In Ceiling Speakers
Wharfedale's WCM-80 in-ceiling speakers offer great performance at a fantastic price, and are part of the Wharfedale Custom Installation range.
This line of installation speakers includes two in-ceiling mounted models - the Wharfedale WCM-65 (6.5-inch driver) and the Wharfedale WCM-80 (8-inch driver).
The Wharfedale WCM-80 Ceiling Speakers are sold as a pair and provide good quality audio at an unbeatable price. With their 8-inch bass driver (203 mm), a cut-out diameter of 245mm and a mounting depth of 103mm they are the ideal ceiling speakers for larger rooms like kitchens and living rooms, as well as Home Cinema Installations.
Each speaker demonstrates Wharfedale’s great build quality along with a musically thrilling sound.
The trimless exterior design on the Wharfedale WCM-80 models with magnetic micro-perforated grilles guarantees a seamless blend between the ceiling (or wall) and the speaker.
While externally the speakers are simplistic and discreet, advanced drivers and crossover networks are housed within. The rigid polypropylene bass driver paired with an ultra-durable, high-excursion rubber surround guarantees stability under high pressure and extensive bass output.
Titanium dome tweeters with highly efficient neodymium motor systems complete each speakers’ wide frequency response with a scintillating high frequency and wide dispersion. Both WCM-65 and WCM-80 models have a rotatable tweeter for optimised positioning.
Here's a quick review of the Wharfedale WCM-80 Ceiling Speaker: