At the heart of the W380-IDC model is a unique Inverted Dual Concentric pivoting mid-range/tweeter module providing up to 18 degrees of play. The W380-IDC can be discreetly positioned, and then the sound can be directed into the desired listening zone by pivoting the IDC® driver module to maximise performance. The WT380-IDC is a true 3-way main speaker featuring a pivoting IDC® 100mm mid-range/25mm tweeter module, and an 203mm C-CAM® bass driver with RST®, providing higher power handling and output, and deeper bass response than the WT280-IDC.
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM® drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM® RST® profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Mid frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Timbre-match with 200 and 300 series in-ceiling/wall, and Gold and Silver hi-fi speakers.
- Innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminium magnetic, trimless alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is magnetic and lighter in weight.
- Paint-able to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas.
- Dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover
Please note: The UL94/V0 Fire rating as advertised by Monitor Audio is a plastics flammability standard released by Underwriters Laboratories of the USA. In simple terms, compliance with the standard ensures that plastic subjected to intense heat, such as with a fire in the home, will melt but not ignite.
Whilst this is a valuable safety feature, it should not be regarded as a measure of fire safety compliance for UK Building Regulations. These require the installation of fire hoods that reinstate the fire barrier of the original ceiling when ceiling speakers are installed beneath a habitable living space.