With a 165mm inch MMP®II dual wound voice coil bass driver and independent pivoting C-CAM® tweeters, the C165-T2 gives you all the convenience of stereo sound from a single in-ceiling speaker for high quality sound in general applications or where space is at a premium. As part of the 100 Series of installation speakers, it offers the biggest bass driver size of any speaker in its class.
- 2-way design with pivoting C-CAM® tweeters (15 degrees of play).
- High overall efficiency.
- Audio match with Climate and Bronze and Radius Series hi-fi speakers.
- Innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminium magnetic, trimless alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is magnetic and lighter in weight.
- Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
- Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Please note: The UL94/V0 Fire rating as advertised by Monitor Audio is a plastics flammability standard released by Underwriters Laboratories of the USA. In simple terms, compliance with the standard ensures that plastic subjected to intense heat, such as with a fire in the home, will melt but not ignite.
Whilst this is a valuable safety feature, it should not be regarded as a measure of fire safety compliance for UK Building Regulations. These require the installation of fire hoods that reinstate the fire barrier of the original ceiling when ceiling speakers are installed beneath a habitable living space. Hoody speaker hoods available on this website meet the requirements of Building Regulations for this purpose.
Monitor Audio C165-T2 In Ceiling Speaker (Each)
for Monitor Audio C165-T2 In Ceiling Speaker
for: Monitor Audio C165-T2 In Ceiling Speaker
I ordered the speaker in the afternoon and it arrived the next day. Can’t fault the service and the product is spot on.
One of the few speakers available that can cope with humid areas such as a bathroom, an added plus is that there is only one and its stereo - clever.
You need to think about where it goes because its quite large placing needs thinking about to ensure it doesn't clash with a joist.
Sounds great particularly when the space around it is filled - an empty void makes it sounds tinny and has an echo - but that's not the speakers fault. Insulation solves the problem and stops sound transfer between spaces as well.
Fast delivery and great sounding speaker
Great for my new office at home.
The owner spotted that aid accidentally ordered the wrong product for my requirements and kindly contacted me by phone to check and discuss options. Following this, I changed product and ended up with the perfect solution.
Much appreciated and thank you for going above & beyond.