A 3-driver, 2-way surround speaker featuring dual 25mm C-CAM® tweeters, and a 165mm C-CAM® bass driver. The C265-FX can be configured to deliver direct or diffuse surround-sound effects via front-mounted switch.
- Dual tweeter configuration for use in di-pole or bi-pole mode.
- C-CAM® drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Timbre-match with RS-CP in-ceiling/wall and Silver RS hi-fi speakers.
- Monitor Audio's innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminium magnetic, trimless alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is magnetic and lighter in weight.
- Paint-able to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- Fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
- Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas.
- Features dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
Dolby's latest surround sound technology, Atmos, allows sound to come from all directions, including overhead, to create an immersive experience with astonishing clarity, richness, detail and depth. You can use ceiling speakers located above the listening position to create this overhead dimension. Speakers with a wide dispersion pattern such as the Monitor Audio C265FX are preferred. This will ensure the closest replication of the cinematic environment, where overhead speakers are placed high above the listeners.
For further information please see Dolby's website:
Please note: The UL94/V0 Fire rating as advertised by Monitor Audio is a plastics flammability standard released by Underwriters Laboratories of the USA. In simple terms, compliance with the standard ensures that plastic subjected to intense heat, such as with a fire in the home, will melt but not ignite.
Whilst this is a valuable safety feature, it should not be regarded as a measure of fire safety compliance for UK Building Regulations. These require the installation of fire hoods that reinstate the fire barrier of the original ceiling when ceiling speakers are installed beneath a habitable living space. Hoody speaker hoods available on this website meet the requirements of Building Regulations for this purpose.