Many customers interested in this speaker have gone on to purchase the Wharfedale WCM-80. The WCM-80 has a more modern construction which includes a discreet trimless magnetic grille, and a pivotable tweeter for better acoustic performance. Wharfedale is a traditional British speaker manufacturer with a long history of producing great sounding speakers. The WCM-80 is now available exclusively from us and is currently on sale for £179/pair.
This is a unique Ceiling Speaker.. only 79mm deep (Cut out 238mm) ... but with a 8-inch Driver the RC80i makes a big impact, with the maximum amount of bass you’re likely to encounter from an in-ceiling speaker with such a shallow depth fitting .. . The RC80i is perfect for areas requiring big, rich sound with good coverage, but with no room for traditional speaker clutter. Designed for superior wide dispersion, you’ll hear great sound no matter where you are in the room.
- A unique tweeter housing delivers channel highs, while a vented dual voice coil driver automatically “sums” midrange for true stereo imaging.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets.
- RCi speakers utilize the “virtual enclosure” of your in-wall and in-ceiling space to enhance their bass response and smooth low frequency blending with the midrange.
- Lightweight and stiff blue polymer cones deliver excellent damping and bass response.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- Rustproof stainless steel hardware, durable butyl rubber surrounds and powder coated aluminum (in-ceiling) & painted steel (in-wall) grilles make RCi Series speakers suitable for high moisture areas like bathrooms or even under eaves of an enclosed porch. (RCi series are not suitable for exposed outdoor use).
- RCi speakers have paintable grilles and practically disappear into any room.
- RCi Series speakers are timbre-matched to other Polk speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.